Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wild camping anyone?
31 July 2013, 14:29,
RE: wild camping anyone?
(31 July 2013, 14:28)BeardyMan Wrote:
(31 July 2013, 13:58)bigpaul Wrote:
(31 July 2013, 12:57)BeardyMan Wrote: Cool. He's completely harmless, but as he's a rottweiller people get a bit funny

yep, I can confirm he's as soppy as a brush, but don't sit down he has a habit of sticking his nose in your crotch!!TongueBig Grin

He's just checking for peanut butter Wink Big Grin
he's out of luck then I cant stand the stuff!!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 August 2013, 22:36,
Having a quick overnighter in the garden to test the tent. Bit stormy here so we'll see how she fares. Beer flowing, the Leopallooza in the background, happy days. Time for a fire I think! You've all tested your kit, right? Wink
2 August 2013, 23:44,
Tried tested, and dumped in the car...I really should take care of my stuff more.

Beardy, is your rotty okay with other dogs?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 August 2013, 09:23,
(2 August 2013, 22:36)BeardyMan Wrote: Having a quick overnighter in the garden to test the tent. Bit stormy here so we'll see how she fares. Beer flowing, the Leopallooza in the background, happy days. Time for a fire I think! You've all tested your kit, right? Wink

Been packing and re-packing my kit for over a week now....
1 week to go - look busy people Smile
3 August 2013, 09:29,
MC, I bet you thought I was dead, how little I was on the forum. Had to sort the time off with the boss, because they decided to change things up and refuse the time off they had already agreed. Next up involved getting 4 people hired for the company that would be able to cover the hours I was scheduled for. At the end of it all.....success!!! Time off!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 August 2013, 09:44,
Glad you still coming dude, especially as I won't have a clue what to do once we get there. It's going to be interesting to meet some of SUK in RL, as all I know (well guess) apperance wise is:

A. Big Paul is ... well big.
B. Beardyman should have a beard? (No Alan sugar stubble fakes)

I myself look exactly like my pic so should be easy to spot. Big Grin
3 August 2013, 21:57,
I'm still good to go, looking forward to putting faces to quotes !. Will be taking nothing but my car BOB, finally putting it through a decent field test !
4 August 2013, 09:24,
we've had plenty of rain overnight in Devon( i'm not far from Dartmoor), raining as we speak with more rain forecast for Monday, the moors may be a trifle DAMP when you all come down next Saturday .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 August 2013, 10:34,
(4 August 2013, 09:24)bigpaul Wrote: we've had plenty of rain overnight in Devon( i'm not far from Dartmoor), raining as we speak with more rain forecast for Monday, the moors may be a trifle DAMP when you all come down next Saturday .

Okehampton (right on the moors) was the wettest place in the country on Friday. 119mm of rain fell, in one hour...

@Scythe; yeah, he's fine with other dogs matey, very playful, he's a big softie.

IS there going to be somewhere to hang a hammock? The tent is okay (and waterproof thankfully!) but I much prefer swinging to ground dwelling.
4 August 2013, 12:53,
(4 August 2013, 10:34)BeardyMan Wrote:
(4 August 2013, 09:24)bigpaul Wrote: we've had plenty of rain overnight in Devon( i'm not far from Dartmoor), raining as we speak with more rain forecast for Monday, the moors may be a trifle DAMP when you all come down next Saturday .

Okehampton (right on the moors) was the wettest place in the country on Friday. 119mm of rain fell, in one hour...

@Scythe; yeah, he's fine with other dogs matey, very playful, he's a big softie.

IS there going to be somewhere to hang a hammock? The tent is okay (and waterproof thankfully!) but I much prefer swinging to ground dwelling.

I'm guessing we just see how it goes. You guys who live near or have been before will have more of an idea than me. Personally I hope to have some natural cover to set by bivvi up, so i'm with you on that one Beardy. I'm bringing an OS map that I hope some of you can mark up decent spots etc.