Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
wild camping anyone?
9 August 2013, 01:38,
RE: wild camping anyone?
I have to go an buy a new vehicle now. hoping to ditch working from home tomorrow and get it sorted out in time for Saturday. got a couple lined up. hilux surf or ml270. fingers crossed I'll have it sorted by Saturday, I WANT WOODS TIME!!
9 August 2013, 10:50,
Good luck with your weekend.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 August 2013, 11:22,
Thanks SD - well looking forward to it.
9 August 2013, 16:53,
Just a quick question on vehicle security, are we to be concerned at all about leaving our cars in the car park overnight ?, I've not been amongst the area really so forgive me if I'm being somewhat paranoid.
9 August 2013, 17:15, (This post was last modified: 9 August 2013, 17:17 by bigpaul.)
its as about as safe as anywhere that's in a tourist area, you will see Police notices that say don't leave anything in your car on show, if you do leave anything in the car, lock it in the boot out of sight---and that includes sat navs and phones.

and that's just not there, you will see these notices all over Dartmoor in particular and the west country in general.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 August 2013, 17:25,
probably covers a dirt-bike too then lol, I suppose a secluded car park is safer than leaving outside for the smackheads to fuck off with !
9 August 2013, 17:36,
(9 August 2013, 17:25)MikeA Wrote: probably covers a dirt-bike too then lol, I suppose a secluded car park is safer than leaving outside for the smackheads to fuck off with !

if your worried about leaving your bike Mike you can leave it at my place..I've got a bike too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 August 2013, 18:14,
Nah, I was just wondering if there was a local gypsy camp or to that effect known to be lurking, the bike is always left in the van, its my impromptu "garage" so to speak, complete with relevant 'opsec' lol. thanks for the kind offer though !
9 August 2013, 18:26,
I have a new car! Not going to be able to spend the night, but I'll come along and say hello all the same Smile
9 August 2013, 19:36,
(9 August 2013, 18:26)BeardyMan Wrote: I have a new car! Not going to be able to spend the night, but I'll come along and say hello all the same Smile

More like you just want to show it off... Smile