Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Has A Berkefeld?
29 August 2013, 15:19,
RE: Who Has A Berkefeld?
(29 August 2013, 13:59)Lightspeed Wrote: Using my SS4 permanently now Nix and configured with just 1 candle it has been managing drinking water needs for up to three of us this summer.

Thanks for that, I like the idea that I can use only one and have three in reserve, how did you bung the three holes, OE or your own?
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
29 August 2013, 18:06,
(29 August 2013, 15:19)Nix Wrote:
(29 August 2013, 13:59)Lightspeed Wrote: Using my SS4 permanently now Nix and configured with just 1 candle it has been managing drinking water needs for up to three of us this summer.

Thanks for that, I like the idea that I can use only one and have three in reserve, how did you bung the three holes, OE or your own?

I made my own bolted down sealing washers, but I am unhappy with the arrangement. Following your post I'm gouing to contact the supplier to see if any bungs can be had.

Food for thought: Manufacturer declares candles will deliver 10,000L of water before they have to be replaced ( subject to input water quality) That calculation means that I'll get years of use out of each filtre element. So my four element system could be good for ten years worth of drinking water.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

29 August 2013, 19:16,
You can get neoprene blanking grommets from plumbing supplies, they are often a red colour compared with rubber grommets which taint the water. Alternativel if you are blanking the holes of until TSHTF you can use aquarium silicone sealant ( the type without fungicide in it)
29 August 2013, 20:24,
the neoprene grommets sound like a good idea,

Not sure about the silicon though. there's a fair amount of pressure there when the reservoir is full

(29 August 2013, 19:16)NorthernRaider Wrote: You can get neoprene blanking grommets from plumbing supplies, they are often a red colour compared with rubber grommets which taint the water. Alternativel if you are blanking the holes of until TSHTF you can use aquarium silicone sealant ( the type without fungicide in it)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

29 August 2013, 21:12,
The silicone worked on my berkfield but mine is the early plastic bodied version rather than the stainless version.
29 August 2013, 21:28,
Thanks. Ours is an SS 4 model

The sheer volume it holds buts quite heavy pressure pn the seals

(29 August 2013, 21:12)NorthernRaider Wrote: The silicone worked on my berkfield but mine is the early plastic bodied version rather than the stainless version.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

30 August 2013, 09:28,
I'm fairly sure that Avonsoft will bung (excuse the pun! Big Grin) one in the post for anyone if required, they seemed quite helpful on the phone when I spoke to them.
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
30 August 2013, 12:55,
Am i right in thinking the version with 4 candles just filters the water at double the speed and will filter approx double the quantity off water in total given the same average initial water quality , so if i fitted the filter with just one candle and blanked of the other 3 positions the water would be the same quality but justfilter/flow much slower?
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
30 August 2013, 13:02,
Yup slower flow rate thats about it
30 August 2013, 13:06,
Something else for the shopping list....list is getting so long am going to have to do triage on it..lol
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!