Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Has A Berkefeld?
6 December 2014, 16:10,
RE: Who Has A Berkefeld?
I play safe and every couple of months give both containers a wash out with soap and water. I have not yet found a copper tap to use.

6 December 2014, 23:20,
I've just ordered one, cheers for the heads up Dev.

My wife was very much against the idea of one roughly a year ago so I started us using only britta type filtered water (supermarket own make) for all of our drinking & cooking. Since switching to only filtered water, you can certainly taste the difference when having tap water. The only trouble is remembering to top up the jugs.

I finally converted her on the basis of 2 jugs each using a filter every month is £120 a year. The twin candle ATC model was £80.50 incl p&p. It holds more, is cheaper & I've got her to get another prep item without her realising. Can't wait for delivery now Smile
7 December 2014, 00:00,
Problem is Brita filters only improve taste, they don't remove pathogens and nasties so you have done the right thing in going with a Berkfield

Guys please check out AVONSOFT in Somerset for Berkfield gear its often cheaper than Amazon.

7 December 2014, 00:09,
I got her using the filter jugs to put her off tap water taste. Now she's relented & let me order the berkefeld, even if it tastes worse & she wants to keep the jugs, we aren't getting rid of it. So either way I've got it sorted.

Regarding Avonsoft, the price of the berkefeld + vat + delivery is more expensive than amazon when I ordered tonight, but the replacement ATC candles are a lot cheaper from Avonsoft than anywhere else that I can see.
7 December 2014, 00:11,
(7 December 2014, 00:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: Guys please check out AVONSOFT in Somerset for Berkfield gear its often cheaper than Amazon.

Yep did that, Amazon (Osmio Water Filters) is about £10 cheaper than AvonSoft at the moment.
7 December 2014, 00:17,
Cool good find Dev, I usually get my extra filter candles from Avonsoft when they have a sale on.

7 December 2014, 00:20,
(7 December 2014, 00:17)NorthernRaider Wrote: Cool good find Dev, I usually get my extra filter candles from Avonsoft when they have a sale on.

Yep I'll keep my eyes open and see what comes along (sale wise)........
7 December 2014, 10:09,
Midnites right

about 18 months on one candle here and still going strong.

2 to 4 litres per day is usual usage, just to keep it operational

When candles get discoloured, flow rate drops. Scouring the candle restores flow to normal.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 December 2014, 19:01,
Mine got delivered today & it's currently filtering it's 1st run of water. Can't wait to get it all set & running.

Question to the regular users of these. How many runs of water do I put through to discard before I can start drinking it? Thanks in advance.
9 December 2014, 21:02,
We put two complete refills through ours and then started consuming... no ill effects so far:-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580