Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Grand Solar Minimum - A Mini Ice Age 2020-2055
29 November 2018, 10:17,
RE: The Grand Solar Minimum - A Mini Ice Age 2020-2055
(28 November 2018, 21:49)Straight Shooter Wrote: Buy yourselves a dehydrator ,some Mylar bags ,oxygen absorbers ,mason jars and a vacuum sealer , just these items will enable you to reduce BULk of fresh produce down to small ....and I do mean small manageable storage amounts enabling more food in a smaller storage area ....or ...even better you will have the ability to store ten times the amount ! Plus more food options of Fresh foods......but when things are plentiful and cheap , I was given cooking Apple's some weeks back Free I have frozen six kelo,s and dehydrate about eight kelo,s as MB posted a few weeks back his dehydrator runs 24/7 in the growing season (nothing he grows go,s to waste ) it's just plain common sense .

So the lesson here is a no brainer Dehydration is a must ! Plus you know what is going inside to begin with and you can control your stores better with (what you have at hand ) my advice is start there ,you will be surprised how good food can stack up along with what you can do with this bit of kit for around £150.00 you could be up running and assuring your future survival .....I did like MB s post on eggs ,not done that (all my trays are perforated ) but I will find a way though.

very good advice my dehydrator was the best thing i ever bought, great for making jerky to, i have the foodsaver vacuum sealer that does the jars as well also a very handy buy thats for sure

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Grand Solar Minimum - A Mini Ice Age 2020-2055 - by roddas - 29 November 2018, 10:17