Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electricity needs when the grids down.
19 April 2020, 10:18,
RE: Electricity needs when the grids down.
Human beings lived for thousands of years without electricity, in fact electricity in homes in the UK didn't happen until the early 1930s- there were some in factories before that but not houses, some had gas, I remember my grandparents having gas lamps.
so electricity is a fairly new invention, less than a century old, but unfortunately we don't have enough generating capacity in the UK, for several winters we have nearly exceeded the supply only avoiding it by buying in extra supplies from the continent, as EDF(French) now seems to run our national electric supply I don't think we can rely on them in a crisis.
home generation is only possible whilst the infrastructure is viable, solar panels may and do last 2 or 3 decades the stuff that they plug into dont, once a spare part is needed the thing is no more than scrap use.
it is possible to live without electricity, its just a matter of adapting, but with most people relying on such infrastructure for their daily needs without any skills and knowledge to live any differently I fear the survival rate is destined to be very low.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Electricity needs when the grids down. - by bigpaul - 19 April 2020, 10:18
RE: Electricity needs when the grids down. - by Joe - 6 February 2022, 20:32
RE: Electricity needs when the grids down. - by LAC - 7 February 2022, 11:37