Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bad is it over there in the USA
16 February 2021, 19:18,
RE: How bad is it over there in the USA
I spoke last night with a retired federal lawman now in San Antonio, TX. They had 10cm of snow and hundreds of "fender-bender" traffic accidents because people who are too stupid to drive in sub-freezing weather are learning to play "bumper cars" like at the seaside amusement park.

The environmental whacko dicky birder and butterfly netter environmentalists closed down many of the older coal and oil fueled power plants and built hundreds of windmills, which are now frozen solid with ice and not generating any electricity. So the electric power grid is being taxed and there are rolling blackouts just like in California.

Of course those who earn their living in the oil and gas industry realize like Obama, that Biden wants to do away with oil leases on Federal lands and won't issue permits for new oil and gas plants.

In West Virginia the coal industry is dead and VP Camilla Harris doesn't understand the difference between land reclamation of old mining sites and explosive ordnance disposal, seeming to think that old coal miners dying from black lung disease can be rehabilitated and sent around the world to remove land mines in Africa and Vietnam...

As for myself, we are in good shape, having stocked up with bog roll, rum, six cords of firewood, a 22kw Generac Guardian with 1000 gallon LPG tank and solid-state ATS controller. If I get bored I can plink at a steel target in the back yard with my pistol.
As this is written the 10kg electric, bottom-pour casting pot is heating up under generator power and I prepare to cast pistol bullets while listening to WWCR or Armed Forces Radio Network on short wave. We have not cable or Internet streaming TV, but I actually receive it free over the air with my Channel Master deep-fringe log-periodic antenna.

Thank God I'm a Country Boy!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA

Messages In This Thread
RE: How bad is it over there in the USA - by CharlesHarris - 16 February 2021, 19:18
RE: How bad is it over there in the USA - by Mortblanc - 17 February 2021, 17:43
RE: How bad is it over there in the USA - by Mortblanc - 17 February 2021, 23:11
RE: How bad is it over there in the USA - by Pete Grey - 18 February 2021, 17:52