Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Getting Caught Again
27 November 2021, 07:52,
Not Getting Caught Again
I see the inevitable cloud of lockdown once more upon us. Over there and over here too. Some of our urban hospitals are already packed with infected unvaxed covid victims. Since TPTB over here consider the entire country an urban center they will try to shut down the whole thing and not just the cesspools they call cities. Last time we were several weeks into the lockdown before my county even had a single infection and we did not have a death until the 6 month mark. A 90 year old who might have actually died from over excitement during a TV game show.

While I have always considered myself adequately prepared for most any emergency up to and including another Redcoat invasion I have to admit that I was not happy with my situation when the 2020 lockdown was imposed. I was caught without things I ever dreamed I really needed.

With the situation again on the horizon indicating another possible shut down I do not intend to be caught deficient a second time.

There is a stockpile of masks and gloves on hand but today I took more measures to insure I had not been lax in my quarantine preps.

All paper goods were topped up to 3 month supply. Bog roll, kitchen roll, facial tissues.

I bought a big jug of hand sanitizer, 2L.

Topped off the petrol. Also put back 2 gallons of paraffin. Tomorrow I will top off all the empty propane tanks.

I also ordered a "white gas" double mantle lantern directly from Coleman. I know from vast experience that they will burn for 6 hours on 500ml of petrol. They put out a ton of BTU also, so they serve as secondary heat when in use.

I also have a adapter that allows topping off the small propane bottles from a big tank if needed. They only fill about 80% but that is not relevant when you have 15-20 bottles 80% full to work around.

A couple of weeks back I topped off my long term food supply, so that is OK. Back in the spring I bought a new deep freezer and it is stuffed to the brim, so I am good for food. Not really concerned with shortages but during the last lockdown I had to leave the house or expose myself more than I was comfortable doing just for normal resupply. I will not be forced out by the restrictions of a small fridge type freezer now.

I am much better organized to completely isolate this go around. Living rurally I was able to get outside and get fresh air without concern last quarantine, which included some fairly long motorbike rides to break the routine and stave off boredom. I even did some fishing and a bit of hunting last time, so I hope that if they put new restrictions on I will have the same opps this go.

Messages In This Thread
Not Getting Caught Again - by Mortblanc - 27 November 2021, 07:52
RE: Not Getting Caught Again - by Straight Shooter - 27 November 2021, 09:29
RE: Not Getting Caught Again - by bigpaul - 27 November 2021, 09:56
RE: Not Getting Caught Again - by Joe - 27 November 2021, 10:38
RE: Not Getting Caught Again - by bigpaul - 27 November 2021, 12:19
RE: Not Getting Caught Again - by Mortblanc - 27 November 2021, 20:52
RE: Not Getting Caught Again - by bigpaul - 28 November 2021, 09:25
RE: Not Getting Caught Again - by Pete Grey - 27 November 2021, 22:05
RE: Not Getting Caught Again - by Straight Shooter - 28 November 2021, 10:20
RE: Not Getting Caught Again - by bigpaul - 28 November 2021, 10:30