Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trail Cameras
16 January 2022, 00:36,
Trail Cameras
Most successful hunters do not go out and find game. They go to where they know the game already is, then they wait for it to come by and pounce on it with whatever they use for such things.

It is easy enough to find out where the game is. You look for sign. You find a track that does not have five toes or make a shoe print and decide what it is; dog, cat, raccoon, deer or bear.

So you know where the game is located, so you sit down and wait, and wait, and wait. Then you realize that your nether regions have frozen to the stump you chose as a seat, you stand up, stretch and head home, only to turn and see the prey staring at you from the exact spot you were sitting.

You were at the right place, but not there at the right time.

It used to be that the only way to find out this vital information was to sit and watch.

I recently got very cold sitting on my back porch waiting for a small buck deer to make his appearance. The little brat has changed his feeding patterns during the rut and he is not crossing my property at his normal times.

I can sit up all day and all night freezing, literally freezing, to find out what he is doing, or I can sit out a trail camera.

I normally would not use such a device, not because they are "unfair" but because they are a little expensive to be leaving hanging on a tree for anyone to walk away with them.

Since I am on my own property, and the camera is relatively safe I decided to give it a try.

I now know that there are 14 deer crossing my property daily. (yep I caught them lined up walking in a row in three groups!) One is a spike buck and the other a 6 point with the rest being mature or yearling does. The bucks run together and do their travel between 2:30 and 3:15 am. The does are late risers and cross at between 8:30 and 8:50am daily.

A camera that tells you what time the deer trigger the motion sensor sure is handy!

Messages In This Thread
Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 16 January 2022, 00:36
RE: Trail Cameras - by Straight Shooter - 16 January 2022, 09:18
RE: Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 17 January 2022, 01:05
RE: Trail Cameras - by bigpaul - 16 January 2022, 09:33
RE: Trail Cameras - by Straight Shooter - 17 January 2022, 18:10
RE: Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 18 January 2022, 03:03
RE: Trail Cameras - by Mortblanc - 22 January 2022, 05:03