Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electricity needs when the grids down.
27 February 2022, 10:39,
RE: Electricity needs when the grids down.
I can well relate to that lifestyle BP .....my grandparents lived off grid for most of their lives along with their three daughters until their late teens early twenties on a small holding ....on the opposite mountain and pretty much directly opposite my place ! .....oil lamps and a radio for the news and the archers for entertainment for gran ....powered by accumulators ( batteries ) ....it was my job On a Saturday to walk the two miles with the battery to the old flour mill ,drop it off and pick up the charges one plus three pounds of layers pellets for the hens ( this was for balance ! Grandad said ) then the uphill trek to the farmhouse .....sometimes getting a lift on the back of trailer being towed by a grey tractor ...he knew how I was “ come on young un climb aboard and hold tight “ .....so what’s the point SS ......obviously the radio and the battery that powered it up .....contact with the outside world ...that was the only thing of power they had , I remember well if the news was on everyone HAD to be silent and if the archers we on “ come boys out to play gran would say “ .....even in a force ten gale .....but we were very happy back then ... life was rich and full ....and meant something plus very simple ....trinkets were handmade they were treasured more than this iPad .

Messages In This Thread
RE: Electricity needs when the grids down. - by Joe - 6 February 2022, 20:32
RE: Electricity needs when the grids down. - by LAC - 7 February 2022, 11:37
RE: Electricity needs when the grids down. - by Straight Shooter - 27 February 2022, 10:39