Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Then and now - USA dudes.
21 March 2022, 20:35,
RE: Then and now - USA dudes.
(21 March 2022, 19:36)Ajax Wrote:
(18 March 2022, 19:15)Ajax Wrote: We got a couple of cousins here from across the pond, right?

Can you guys in the USA remember in the 90's (Iraq conflict) when gas prices went up to 2 bucks a gallon? Did you guys have a pay before you pump policy in some states - Cali, for instance?

I just found an old 90's pirate radio show that mentions it and wondered if any of you remember these times a bit better than me?

Anyway, all the best, guys.

look I am sorry if I started something here. I am not trying to get a UK vs USA thing going here - don't all of us have enough to be thinking about just now?
USA cousins, I'm sorry for asking here. I thought this was a place that folks who like to live could share experience. Perhaps I should just shut my pie hole and say good luck?

Okay, this is NOT real life - ffs I know this, okay. If I could only talk about half the stuff I have done and know! Gah!
SO ... I saw the A team filling up a helo with gas from a gas pump (that helo was piston driven and in theory COULD be filled up from a gas pump in a dire emergency ... it was staged for a TV show, I know that) but they filled up FIRST and then paid.

That was what I was asking.

Do you guys pay FIRST and then deliver gas or do you fill FIRST and then pay?

The only reason I asked is because of this pirate radio show, who seemed to make a big deal about 'pay before you pump' - like the gas prices were very high back in the Iraq war part one - $2.

I am very sorry that I asked a simple question. I am very sorry if anyone got ruffled here.
I see things. I hear things. My mind gets working on stuff. Sometimes I ask stupid questions. I do not live in the USA - how do I know if they pump or pay first? How can I find out? I see folks who say they are from USA and I ask an honest, simple, and quite probably stupid questions. If I do not ask the question, then HOW do I know for certain?

Should we try to verify information that we are not sure of? Yes or no?

Does that mean some dumbass Limey asks a dumbass question? You betcha!
If any USA bro has a question that they think may get shot down here - PM me. I DO NOT KNOW everything. I can take a good stab at stuff, however.

F*ck my old boots, I thought we were all here for the same reason!

No disrespect to USA dudes, you amazing dudes have very kindly put me straight. I thank you very much for your kind and very informative information. My question is now answered. I thank you for this input.
I wish you and your families the very best, no matter what we all may be facing soon. Thank you.

Ajax

I think you just activated a very old and ongoing narrative not personal to you. They all love each other really, I think??
Ịn the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!

Messages In This Thread
Then and now - USA dudes. - by Ajax - 18 March 2022, 19:15
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by bigpaul - 19 March 2022, 16:31
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by Mortblanc - 20 March 2022, 03:19
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by Mortblanc - 20 March 2022, 17:40
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by bigpaul - 20 March 2022, 11:11
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by bigpaul - 20 March 2022, 14:20
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by Skean Dhude - 20 March 2022, 14:46
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by bigpaul - 20 March 2022, 14:56
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by Pete Grey - 20 March 2022, 23:15
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by CharlesHarris - 20 March 2022, 23:42
RE: Then and now - USA dudes. - by CharlesHarris - 21 March 2022, 19:16