Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vehicle kit and MRE suggestions
31 July 2023, 16:22,
RE: Vehicle kit and MRE suggestions
I was going to say the same about the MREs. I have a few stashed away but for everyday use I take some ready meals that you simply add water. I sometime take pot noodles but I prefer the John West On the Go tubs, for hot meals just add hot water, and the small Pasta or rice meals which can be eaten cold. They last months so you can keep them in your car and I use them as I think you are expected to use MREs. Several flavours, all filling and you don't need to store them well, although I've never left them in a hot car for a few days, I would think that would be an issue. I keep them in the boot for hot days although when I am in the woods that is usually cool enough.

If I'm going to be spending a few days away I will also take tins of beans and sausages, some tinned corned beef.and tins of salmon or tuna Again they will last for ages in the car. I can eat the things I like for a while without issue.

I haven't bought MREs for some time. Too expensive and I think dried and tinned stuff lasts as long and you can mix and match.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
Vehicle kit and MRE suggestions - by Camp_Bell - 30 July 2023, 13:32
RE: Vehicle kit and MRE suggestions - by bigpaul - 30 July 2023, 13:41
RE: Vehicle kit and MRE suggestions - by bigpaul - 30 July 2023, 13:43
RE: Vehicle kit and MRE suggestions - by bigpaul - 30 July 2023, 13:44
RE: Vehicle kit and MRE suggestions - by bigpaul - 30 July 2023, 14:21
RE: Vehicle kit and MRE suggestions - by Skean Dhude - 31 July 2023, 16:22
RE: Vehicle kit and MRE suggestions - by bigpaul - 31 July 2023, 16:53