Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secure online comms not checked by GCHQ
12 April 2012, 22:05,
RE: Secure online comms not checked by GCHQ
(12 April 2012, 21:52)Paul Wrote: Ultimately if you want to encrypt messages it's better to use old spy methods like book cipher than rely on software systems.

Totally agree with Paul here, For many years i worked in IT Security, and I was actually the account manager that introduced PGP to the UK Market place, And i can tell you on good authority ALL Commercial Encryption software has backdoors that intelligence agencies have the keys to access.

Generally the only Encryption software that hasnt released the keys to govt agencies are the open licence or GNU software, But then again would you trust encryption to any product thatwas open source anyway?

Hushmail isnt a secure PKI ( Public Key Infrastucture ) anyway because the encryption and certs are held on different servers, and anyone worth his/her salt within security would simply camp on your IP and packet sniff anyway.

To be secure, you would need to go back to basics and create your own cipher, But the truth be told, If you had information that confidential, why would you entrust it to an open infrastructure that has as much security as a toffee fireguard.
“Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.” Sun Tzu

Messages In This Thread
RE: Secure online comms not checked by GCHQ - by Stokey - 12 April 2012, 22:05