Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to protect what you have ?
27 June 2012, 06:32,
RE: How to protect what you have ?
ok so heres my take, first off the Sh!t has already hit the fan a fair while ago, right now we're all marching straight towards TEOTWAWKI, ive also noticed a big increase in preppers and survivalists in the last few months and years, not to mention all the economic disasters and all that, but thats another conversation.

back to the main discussion, i happen to know alot of bunker locations as well as various military locations, both in and out of use, not the mention various wilderness's and places that will be easy to survive and thrive with the right knowledge. so i'd either grab my BOB and head straight for a bunker, hope fully i'dve stocked up about 3 months+ food, ideally about a years supply, anymore is a bonus, of course if a bunker is out of the question i also know locations of various disused and relatively stable mines all around the uk, some with steel doors (again i know how to open those) some even have underground lakes which would provide me a decent no hassle watersupply, not to mention it would block off any other access from other places the mine system may lead. essentially the main idea behind this is to hide either underground or far enough away to not attract any attention from anywhere, yet not impede my ability to thrive by having fires or anything, and also allowing me to establish a more permanent and therefore cosier place to live, as opposed to just having a temporary tent or something.

of course if it came down to a confrontation i'd first try to avoid it, either by bartering, being generally suave and using the gift of the gab, or if it ultimately came down to it, using brute force, be it by knife, rifle or even my bare fists...

...i'd also look to set up various caches around, both with weapons, food and other essentials, i'd also cache my main long term supplies underground, including over 80 varieties of seeds exceeding about 10lbs in weight, everything from tobacco plants that are versatile enough to grow even in our english climate to chillis, grain, salads, tomatoes, and alot of other things. for short term things i'd stock up on MRE'S especially for camping and the way to my BOL so i can avoid the attention of hunting as well as the effort as well as having the option for a flameless hot meal! not to mention alot of other great things about them Smile....having caches with all these things will ensure that even if a confrontation goes badly and im left wounded and without food or equipment, ill ensure that i've always got thing hidden around just in case, all my caches will be buried in vacuum sealed containers that will be perfectly moisture and air tight to ensure little to no spoilage of anything inside.

at any rate the best bet to protect what you got is to adopt the grey man principle, blend in, be the man that walks down the road and everyone forgets within a minute, be inconspicuous, dont flaunt what you have, be secretive, cautious, and when your away from everyone hide your main camp, whether that be covering your tent with branches and leaves or hiding the entrance of your bunker or cave. and finally remember, YOUR NOT RAMBO. running around with a back full of guns and a bloody huge knife is not going to do you any favours, blending in and being prepared will do.

Messages In This Thread
How to protect what you have ? - by Colin - 24 June 2012, 18:41
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by Tibbs735 - 25 June 2012, 10:11
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by Colin - 25 June 2012, 15:03
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by bigpaul - 25 June 2012, 18:53
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by Tibbs735 - 26 June 2012, 17:08
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by bigpaul - 25 June 2012, 13:20
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by bigpaul - 25 June 2012, 14:45
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by Colin - 26 June 2012, 00:05
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by TOF - 26 June 2012, 09:01
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by TOF - 26 June 2012, 09:19
RE: How to protect what you have ? - by bigpaul - 26 June 2012, 14:02