Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 watt PMR 446 rigs ( I think) £35
29 June 2012, 11:10,
RE: 7 watt PMR 446 rigs ( I think) £35
While Morse may be something that needs a licence at the moment, that will not be an issue after an event. Also, with this , all we need is to have a print out in front of us with the characters displayed so we can start rudimentary transmission. Ok so it will be slow to start off with, but so is texting when you first try it. The end result will be that we can all aquire a low cost transceiver that will reach long distance. The equipment does not matter what make etc, it will all work morse, so we can all be on a uniform global network for minimal cost. the kit is small & portable too. needs hardly any power requirements. etc etc. Like I said, the talkie stuff could be for close range comms. Surely something the equivalent of texting would be damn useful PSHTF.. The beauty is that all prepper networks should be able to converge on this standard, without the Techie element wanting to sway it down their particular favourite route.. Think about it.. There is no way we will ever get the widespread prepper community to agree on one standard of any other type of equipment. Morse is already there for us and is the perfect tool for the job really...TL.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 7 watt PMR 446 rigs ( I think) £35 - by Timelord - 29 June 2012, 11:10