Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connunications update following Polls:
9 July 2012, 10:50,
RE: Connunications update following Polls:
Thanks BoB

Maybe not apathy, but confusion with choices available and highish cost of equipment probably mean that a good number of folk are simply waiting to be told what to do rather than experimenting themselves.

We are all guilty of this in certain areas of preparations. For me the weak point is defensive wepons. I am realatively poorly equiped. This is due to worries about legislation, and the high cost of hardware. I know, recognse and intend to remedy this weakness, but am still lurking on threads trying to work out what is best for me personally.

I am trying to de-mystify radio comms so taht others can make informed choices for themselves. The only issue is taht it will be best for all of us if we adopt equipment that is compatible. This is why I am advocating PMR446 for truely close in work....they are so available and inexpensive taht everyone should have at least one pair, In addition those who can afford it and who want slightly better range CB should also be in place, and those who want absolute assurance tahtthey will be able to reach other preppers / contacts across the UK the Ham route is the way to go. Thease are not either /or decisions. They are incremental Plus Plus Plus decisions depending on the range ythat wants to be covered.

Safe prepping.

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Lightspeed - 9 July 2012, 10:50
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Tdvsko - 28 September 2012, 20:02
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 28 September 2012, 20:51
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 14:06
Morse. A dead man walking code. - by Paul - 30 October 2012, 20:33
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 14:45
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 16:55
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 18:19
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 18:44
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 20:35