Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prepper Hype
5 October 2012, 08:52, (This post was last modified: 5 October 2012, 08:58 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Prepper Hype
Dunno why some see prepping as gloom and doom because by default preppers are optimists, they see a problem and instead of crying whoa is me and turning happy clappy religous, or killing the family to save them from armageddon ( no I never understood that way either) most preppers say " Hey with a bit of planning and forthought we can get through this, but only if we start prepping now"
Some folks are worryworts by default they are usually or at least often hypochondriacs like my mother who I reckon has been ill with god knows what for at least the last 45 years that I know off. Others seek causes to reinforce their sense of fitulity and dispare, others use peoples fears to manipulate them into joining silly religous groups.

The ones I definately have no time for are those who say " I dont want to survive if X happens" but the doom mongers run a close second.

I often say to those who say prepping is piontless cos everyone will die, " But what happens if you dont die?, What are you going to do?, What if your children survive are you going to abandon them because you cant cope? "

Messages In This Thread
Prepper Hype - by Paul - 5 October 2012, 08:10
RE: Prepper Hype - by Biter - 5 October 2012, 08:50
RE: Prepper Hype - by NorthernRaider - 5 October 2012, 08:52
RE: Prepper Hype - by Straight Shooter - 5 October 2012, 19:18
RE: Prepper Hype - by NorthernRaider - 5 October 2012, 19:48