Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
16 October 2012, 14:18, (This post was last modified: 16 October 2012, 14:22 by Tartar Horde.)
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
(16 October 2012, 13:30)Hrusai Wrote: a compound is better for hunting as its easier to hold back when at full draw than a recurve, but it has more moving parts and more to go wrong with it.
you wish to use as well Smile

anyway thats my opinion, but i would defer to anyone with more experience Smile

I have to disagree with you about the compound bow being better for hunting as it is easier to hold at full draw. Having the correct draw weight bow for your skill level applies to ALL bows compounds included. even with a compound if it too hard to hold at full draw your accuracy WILL suffer even if you have all the sights etc on it. Arrow speed is not all it is cracked up to be for the simple reason that if you are familiar with your bow and arrow set up you will still be able to hit the target. It doesn't matter how fast your arrows are if you can't hit the target. Accuracy rests with the archer not the bow
regarding draw weights for hunting a 40lbs recurve has enough power to take ANYTHING in the uk including cattle. I would also like to add that there is nothing wrong with shooting the most powerful bow you can handle, not from an arrow speed point of view but from the view that you can use heavier arrows that impart more kinetic energy into the target.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow - by Tartar Horde - 16 October 2012, 14:18