Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
16 October 2012, 21:30,
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow
I forgot to mention that in many cases the family have to choose only one bow, and that bow has to be able to be used by mum, dad and kids if neccessary, few girls can erasily string, never mind use a full sized 60 pound bow, the same applies to most teens, but compounds like the Vortex can be adjusted simply without tools from 25 pounds to 40 pounds, this the compound wins on flexability as well as size.

Like I often point out a major requirement for many preppers is home security so a compound can be left indefinately strung ready to use, most recurves and long bows cannot cos they take a set if left strung. And of course a bow only 30 inches tip to tip is far more manouverable in a house or vehicle than a full sized recurve which tend to start at 54 inches.

Trad bows I agree are more reliable than compounds but their use is greatly restricted by their size and the fact they have to be strung before use or unstrung when not in use. If I only needed a bow for outdoor hunting I would probably go the same route as yourself, but i need a bow for applications that an ordinary bow just cannot do.
Vive La difference Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Choosing between a compound, recurve or crossbow - by NorthernRaider - 16 October 2012, 21:30