Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long post SHTF before a city is safe to re enter?
17 October 2012, 00:17,
RE: How long post SHTF before a city is safe to re enter?
C'mon, plague is not an issue. It is still endemic in some areas of the world we trade with on a regular basis but the last case of plague caught in the UK was in 1918 and that was a rare thing. It is more about personal and communal hygiene than anything else. Back when we had major deaths from plague, personal fleas were endemic, the black rat was more common and we kept our own shit in our cellars to sell. We also lived in rooms where rats would live with us - in the room, in the thatching and walking all over the place, we did not wash our selves or clothes nearly as much and so on.

I dare say if a whole family came into the UK infected with plague and did not seek medical attention, very few would die. We do have a bit of genetic immunity to it and few of us would be likely to acquire. Sure, should TSHTF, we might bathe less, change clothes less and so on, but if we were at that point, then the amount of container ships coming in would be 0. I would be more worried about spiders and snakes in the containers that I might have to ransack in a without rule of law situation than plague.

What I am getting at is - what should be the major influencing factor in your decision on why to not go into a city should be what made you stop going there in the first place V your need.

When I run out of tea and coffee, try and stop me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How long post SHTF before a city is safe to re enter? - by BDG - 17 October 2012, 00:17