Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motivation
18 December 2011, 21:11,
Motivation
(Gripe mode enabled) I accept without question the ineptitude of the sheeple to see the common sense benefits of prepping and self reliance, but I do think apathy is also endemic, but among many of those claiming to be serious preppers.

Time after time huge amounts of effort have been commited by people like Skean Dhude, Dark Vengence, Scoobie, Nemesis, Bax, Rourke and even me in encouraging preppers to become more involved and interactive within the prepping community.

I've actually lost track of the amount of requests, suggestions, pleads etc made by ground breakers like those mentioned above for people to attend RZs, visit other preppers, go to prepper gatherings heck even just join in debates. But time after time the efforts of these pioneers are in the main an utter waste of time.

I visited a family of newbie preppers today for the second time near Pately Bridge in North Yorkistan, and what truly suprised me was these people had actually DONE what they said they were going to do after our first meet in May this year.

Golf GTI gone replaced with a Freelander, much of the ornimental garden replaced by veg plots, water butts and a chicken coup. Bug out bags 99% finished for the adults and 70% ready for the 2 kids.
Books on self sufficiency and articles on prepping obtained. He had just done a safe handling of 4x4 course near Leeds, she had spent weeks learning about food preserving, dehydrating, and keeping chooks. Apparently they even managed at short notice to visit the Bushcraft event up Kendal earlier this year and hoped to visit either Findhorn or the CAT center next year.

Yes I was truly delighted by this nice families progress but its tempered very much by the " I cant do XXXX" now because my wifes late aunts gardeners 3rd cousin is having a tooth removed next March" mentality that pervades so much of the British prepper community, and I can assure you that whilst similar apathy also blights the Merkins and Aussies I know that its much much less prelevent than it is here.

It drives me totally mad for example that in recent months Skean Dhude, Wet & Cold, Invisible, Hanfgiest, and about a hard dozen first rate survivalists have spent immense amounts of time drafting articles, arranging events etc, and still time after time its the same tiny majority of contributers who take the time to respond or get involved.

Guys even these iconic characters will get pissed off sooner or later unless we take up some of the slack and put in some effort.
(Gripe mode disabled)
NR

Messages In This Thread
Motivation - by NorthernRaider - 18 December 2011, 21:11
RE: Motivation - by Skean Dhude - 18 December 2011, 21:37
RE: Motivation - by bigpaul - 19 December 2011, 12:47
RE: Motivation - by Skean Dhude - 19 December 2011, 13:33
RE: Motivation - by bigpaul - 19 December 2011, 13:36
RE: Motivation - by NorthernRaider - 19 December 2011, 13:50
RE: Motivation - by Scythe13 - 5 January 2012, 16:39
RE: Motivation - by NorthernRaider - 5 January 2012, 16:51
RE: Motivation - by Brian - 5 January 2012, 17:16