Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connunications update following Polls:
31 October 2012, 18:54, (This post was last modified: 31 October 2012, 19:00 by Bug_out_Bag.)
RE: Connunications update following Polls:
NR wrote:
" It does to a certain degree but we must plan for those rare contingencies when perhaps you are driven or already are ourt of area when THSHF and you want to try and contact say someone from the forum you know to ask for assistance or advice"

Yes, I can see your point and I think that LS proposed a protocol for PMR contact which perhaps should be revisited? The difficulty is that many contributing members here, who we hope in an event, we may be able to trust are not necessarily following through on comms, many finding money the big deal here.

What would be great would be if an event occured anywhere in the UK that comms enabled preppers in that local area could then activate the protocol on PMR so that those caught up in that localised event can take advantage of help if required.

The beauty of LS's protocol being that only those in the know will be able to make contact. Again, I know what I mean but not sure this will make sense!!! Wink

Just to add, PMR is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP ... no setting up of antennas, SWR, ATU,power supplies, just cheap and simple, PTT

I always have CB & PMR in my Vehicles!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Tdvsko - 28 September 2012, 20:02
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 28 September 2012, 20:51
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 14:06
Morse. A dead man walking code. - by Paul - 30 October 2012, 20:33
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 14:45
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 16:55
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 18:19
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 18:44
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Bug_out_Bag - 31 October 2012, 18:54
RE: Connunications update following Polls: - by Paul - 31 October 2012, 20:35