Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
after all the rain now comes the snow!
27 November 2012, 22:29, (This post was last modified: 27 November 2012, 22:30 by Tarrel.)
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow!
Generally, people up here are respectful of the "allow overtaking" advice, especially commercial and agricultural drivers. It's the tourists that cause the problem.

We were on one of our local single track roads last summer. Met a car coming the other way. They had just passed a passing place but the driver couldn't, or wouldn't back up (I think maybe "couldn't"). So, we reversed, at least a quarter mile, to the last passing place behind us. My wife was driving. As we started backwards, I said to her; "You watch. I bet they come right up to our bumper and hassle us as we back up". Sure enough, that's exactly what they did! I'm convinced they were visitors. There's no way a local would force anyone to do that, and be so belligerent about it.

Nothing against tourists. They're an important part of the economy. So long as they behave themselves!
p.s It's bl**dy freezing up here tonight!
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.

Messages In This Thread
after all the rain now comes the snow! - by bigpaul - 27 November 2012, 12:18
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow! - by Ferret - 27 November 2012, 19:10
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow! - by Ferret - 27 November 2012, 20:09
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow! - by Ferret - 27 November 2012, 21:10
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow! - by Ferret - 27 November 2012, 21:21
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow! - by Ferret - 27 November 2012, 21:47
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow! - by Tarrel - 27 November 2012, 22:29
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow! - by Ferret - 28 November 2012, 09:29
RE: after all the rain now comes the snow! - by Tarrel - 28 November 2012, 17:11