Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are preppers hated so much
12 December 2012, 10:54,
RE: Why are preppers hated so much
BDG I think you said it all there mate.Smile I'm starting a little website myself and I'm calling it a 'Self Reliance' website because I think theres more to prepping than wearing camo, owning lots of knives and a metric tonne of baked beans....Wink

Because of the media/sheeple/whoever many of the newbies watching DDP will have the wrong idea about what we are about, some will learn or eventually see past the hype and will be assets to the survivalist movement, others may end up just slightly right of Waco.

I suppose we all have different ideas of what prepping is about and I think that is the scary part. I often say to the wife, if the 'SHTF' we will go to ground and avoid people, even other preppers, why? Because with all the norms of life gone and without the law, what fills the gap? A large enough prepper group could become a 'militia' and anything that the leadership of that group has a disliking for then becomes a target.

We have seen this time after time and throughtout history, we do not know how we will act in the vacuum of anarchy. That's why I don't like the idea that we as preppers are all the same, we are clearly not, we follow a movement/cause whatever you want to call it...but I'm not anything like many of the people on other UK Prepper forums, DDP or Youtube and Ladies and Gentlemen thankfully neither are you.

When it comes to Johnny Rambo Prepper or the blind star struck sheeple...to me they are just the same obsticles and problems to overcome.

Messages In This Thread
Why are preppers hated so much - by Prepper1 - 11 December 2012, 14:36
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by SealDriver - 11 December 2012, 18:54
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by Tibbs735 - 11 December 2012, 20:10
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by Skean Dhude - 11 December 2012, 20:47
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by SealDriver - 11 December 2012, 21:07
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by Highlander - 11 December 2012, 21:22
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by SealDriver - 11 December 2012, 23:34
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by David075 - 11 December 2012, 23:40
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by BDG - 12 December 2012, 00:15
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by SealDriver - 12 December 2012, 10:54
RE: Why are preppers hated so much - by bigpaul - 12 December 2012, 11:46