Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
That feeling we have...
7 January 2013, 11:17,
That feeling we have...
You know that feeling we all have...

The one that we all seem to have that somethings up, or somethings about to happen...

What do you think it is?

I have a personal opinion that even though the world in sh1t state order that nothings really afoot or about to happen.

Don't quote me on that though, because I'm still keeping my eye's peeled just in case...

Discounting the "normal" stuff like tsunamis, earthquakes etc...

I mean teotwawki type events.

I think what we have is natural selection.

If you believe in Mr Darwin and his works that is.

We all know that over the centuries certain species thrive whilst others die out.

Maybe that gut feeling we all have is survival instinct.

Maybe that feeling is what keeps us alive and will enable us to survive and thrive no matter what comes our way.

I often survive killer events on at least a weekly basis I'm sure if you think about it you do as well.

For example, the other week I was just pulling up to a give way in my car, looked right and left as you do... there was a cement mixer truck coming down the road from my right indicating to turn left down the road I was about to pull out from.

I was going to pull out but at the last second had a gut feeling not too.

That gut feeling proved to be right because that fully laden cement truck carried on flying past that junction.

Had I pulled out it would have hit the drivers side at at least 40 mph.

Toast for definite I think... well jam over the front of his truck anyway.

Now apart from that event there's been many, many others, where similar terminal results could have be had for me should I not of had a niggling worry or a overwhelming dread take over me.

Spooky? I think not, I think that's what common sense or survival instinct is.

I think that's why our ancestors moved to the side when that mammoth was speeding their way, whilst ugg from next door tried to stop it with dire consequences... or decided not to carry poison arrows because they were clumsy and just knew they'd poke themselves with one.

What S.D. is referring to as common sense is what I think is survival instinct.

Without common sense or survival instinct, why would I have paused at that junction...

I wouldn't have.... BOOM!!!

Without my direct intervention of braking, the tens of teenagers or old people or really just people nowadays who cross the road in front of my car without looking would be dead.

I'm sure every one of us that drives, has had that experience multiple times.

I look when I'm crossing the road.

I teach my 5 year old how to cross the road.

I taught my boys to stop using the phone before crossing the road.

How many do you see not doing that simple thing every day?

Do the parents that fail to teach their kids have no common sense or no survival instinct?

Without modern society's molly coddling, how many would die on a daily basis by doing just ordinary stupid stuff like crossing the road?

How many would die swimming in reservoirs with powerful pumps in the bottom, wondering why they get dragged down...

So what I'm thinking is this, is that annoying niggly feeling we have just common sense or survival instinct warning us that the worlds getting worse so prepare more, get ready... just in case.

I know over the past years, months, weeks etc ... my niggle's getting worse, I'm really feeling quite uneasy.

Is that just me?

Is something about to go down?

Is that nature saying to me get ready, be prepared because I'm going to unleash something soon?

Or is that evolution at work?

Whilst we prepare, millions/billions don't.

When the world kicks off species die, humans apparently dwindled down to a few thousand during the last world blitz on our species.

Did those left have common sense whilst the others that died didn't?

Will we as preppers be the last of our species?
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...

Messages In This Thread
That feeling we have... - by Prepper1 - 7 January 2013, 11:17
RE: That feeling we have... - by Metroyeti - 7 January 2013, 11:27
RE: That feeling we have... - by Highlander - 7 January 2013, 12:05
RE: That feeling we have... - by Scythe13 - 7 January 2013, 12:45
RE: That feeling we have... - by bigpaul - 7 January 2013, 12:52
RE: That feeling we have... - by ObongoPox - 7 January 2013, 13:19
RE: That feeling we have... - by Highlander - 7 January 2013, 13:20
RE: That feeling we have... - by bigpaul - 7 January 2013, 14:14
RE: That feeling we have... - by Skean Dhude - 7 January 2013, 15:53
RE: That feeling we have... - by Scythe13 - 7 January 2013, 18:12
RE: That feeling we have... - by Highlander - 7 January 2013, 18:52