Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euros discarded as impoverished Greeks resort to bartering
7 January 2013, 12:33, (This post was last modified: 7 January 2013, 12:40 by Highlander.)
RE: Euros discarded as impoverished Greeks resort to bartering
(7 January 2013, 12:16)cryingfreeman Wrote: Bartering is very difficult for many people who lack the patience or the nerve to try it. I think it's another one of those survivalist concepts that seems great now but when it comes to it will be daunting.

I am sure that many people in Greece might well have thought the same before the situation went sour on them,... but hard time will always make people think in different ways

Bartering is rife where I live, we barter a lot here, usualy we barter skills, I have lost count of the number of times I have done this, the last was when I did a persons lawn and in exchange I had that person feed my dogs when I had to go away,.... even today, I am fullfilling a barter, I am looking after someone house now while they are on holiday, in exchange for a tree they cut down in the summer [ for logs]

As preppers its something that we all should be thinking about, remember to have one of those shelf for bartering goods

The very same would happen with more important things like food,..if you want food, you dont have to offer food in return,... barting covers every aspect of what we need, so a loaf of bread could well be worth a bag of loags.

The beauty of what these people in Greece have done is form what you might call bartering societies,..where you join the group or community, so that everyone is helping each other, this will take away any of the aggressiveness, or the bidding wars,.. they have clearly done this with helping people and the community in mind, and not out of an individual need to survive

The very same would happen with more important things like food,..if you want food, you dont have to offer food in return,... barting covers every aspect of what we need, so a loaf of bread could well be worth a bag of loags.

The beauty of what these people in Greece have done is form what you might call bartering societies,..where you join the group or community, so that everyone is helping each other, this will take away any of the aggressiveness, or the bidding wars,.. they have clearly done this with helping people and the community in mind, and not out of an individual need to survive
A major part of survival is invisibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Euros discarded as impoverished Greeks resort to bartering - by Highlander - 7 January 2013, 12:33