Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euros discarded as impoverished Greeks resort to bartering
7 January 2013, 17:52,
RE: Euros discarded as impoverished Greeks resort to bartering
(7 January 2013, 17:49)ObongoPox Wrote:
(7 January 2013, 15:16)Scythe13 Wrote:
(7 January 2013, 15:12)ObongoPox Wrote: What happens to the socially marginalized who've no social skills and nothing to trade?

Natural selection, I guess.
Those who are currently maladapted to modern society will,I agree,be selected out of the gene pool AS THINGS STAND or if society continues more or less according to the current model,but shifts to the Greek model,let's say.Those currently deemed social outcasts(homeless etc)could actually turn out to be the fittest given a radical collapse of society many degrees beyond what's happening in Greece.Your answer was correct given the current model or variants thereof ,however.

Very much agree! Having said that, I'm currently reading a fascinating book (one of many) called 'Handbook to being homeless' From what I can tell, although there is a lot of interesting stuff you can learn from a homeless guy with a very good ability to write, there's also a lot you can learn about how unadaptable many of the skills would be in a SHTF situation.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Euros discarded as impoverished Greeks resort to bartering - by Scythe13 - 7 January 2013, 17:52