Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Maps in your BOB
9 January 2012, 14:59, (This post was last modified: 9 January 2012, 15:14 by mikebratcher69.)
RE: The Maps in your BOB
Depends what your after in a map.
I'm more a visual recce person anyway, you cant rely on maps for much as things change so rapidly nowadays, if you buy a map its out of date quickly, to quick for my liking. Roads of most kinds apart from back ways are most likely out of the question anyway post shtf (depending on scenario) so you should know your bol area like the back of your hand anyway, as you cant tell from a map what roads safe and which isnt, detailed or not, only by experience.
For me a post shtf scenario will be run along millitary lines, with regular patrols sentry duty and recce missions at night, you dont get army patrols going out piss*ng about with maps every 5 mins as its too much noise and messing about, holing up during daylight, and going out when most people sleep. My bol's remote anyway, far enough but not too far from arterial routes should I need them, but far enough off the beaten track to avoid discovery as its what you'd call wilderness.
anyway you should check out the superscale A-Z its got a surprising ammount of detail.
In a post shtf scenario you should ALWAYS TRY TO AVOID normal paths, walkways, roads if you can, they are liable to be watched and monitored, take a circuitus route avoiding potential traps, bottlenecks etc. I'd rather spend 20 mins crawling through a field post shtf than walk down a road with otr without a detailed map

I mean how do we know just because the leccy's off for us, doesnt mean the cameras on the roads are off does it? they could be on back up generators. or alternative supplies we cant access.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."

Messages In This Thread
The Maps in your BOB - by NorthernRaider - 8 January 2012, 20:47
RE: The Maps in your BOB - by Skean Dhude - 8 January 2012, 20:57
RE: The Maps in your BOB - by bigpaul - 9 January 2012, 12:47
RE: The Maps in your BOB - by mikebratcher69 - 9 January 2012, 13:59
RE: The Maps in your BOB - by Skean Dhude - 9 January 2012, 14:26
RE: The Maps in your BOB - by mikebratcher69 - 9 January 2012, 14:59
RE: The Maps in your BOB - by grumpy old man - 10 January 2012, 01:21
RE: The Maps in your BOB - by Preacher - 10 February 2012, 18:28
RE: The Maps in your BOB - by Timelord - 11 February 2012, 01:49