Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness.
8 February 2013, 09:29,
Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness.
Hi everyone.

Again a rant about health and fitness. If this isn't your thing, then I'll really be wasting your time with this thread.

I'm back off a 12 hour shift (night work) and have been on a small run (about a mile) and have just got into bed with 2 cats and a laptop (the wife is on a business training course with work....poor thing). But Band of Brothers got me thinking....

They do a lot of running around and stuff like that. I call it exercise. Catchy word hu? Made it up myself haha.

Along with a book I'm reading, and watching BoBrothers, I thought...they're all damn good shots for people knackered from running loads. Obviously they train for it, so it makes sense.

Quick question though, a lot of us on this forum are into guns and archery. Does anyone actually try running and intense exercise, and then practice shooting, while still fatigued?

The increased heartrate and stress your body is under makes being steady handed a lot more awkward. It also makes accurately shooting the Air Rifle much harder too....possibly for the same reason, but also for the fact your breathing isn't very well controlled.

So, here's some fun, get those feet moving, and get the shooting practice underway.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness. - by Scythe13 - 8 February 2013, 09:29