Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness.
8 February 2013, 18:29, (This post was last modified: 8 February 2013, 18:35 by Highlander.)
RE: Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness.
There is a test in the Army that has to be passed every year,..or else,.. now I cant remember how long the distance is off hand, but its probably about 20 miles for an infantryman, that run finishes at the range, and you go right into a 20 round shoot, and you have to pass or do the whole thing again

Bortblanc,... I am glad to say that the British army trains differently to the US,... we dont have the ammo to waste,... every soldier has to be able to pass with a high score even when he is breathing heavy

Most British Infantry ARE that good with their weapons

Its all down to the breathing of course, deep breaths, control breaths, squeeze the trigger and hold the breath just before firing,... if its done often enough its easy, we probably did it about once a month for years

A bit different now of course, I dont do a lot of running these days, I walk a hell of a lot, but dont run,... maybe I should give it a try again sometime and see how I manage after all these years
A major part of survival is invisibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Band of Brothers, Series....yes it's fitness. - by Highlander - 8 February 2013, 18:29