Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Respect for other members - specifically those in a suburban area
11 February 2013, 10:31,
RE: Respect for other members - specifically those in a suburban area
Geordie sadly it a harsh fact that most of this community urban or rural, young or old, ex mil or 100% civvie, lad or lass are ALL very inteligent and highly motivated and driven people with a fiery passion hottter than a blow torch, its just utterly impossible not to upset, anger, annoy and even piss off each other at times, I dont think... no I'm SURE no one MEANS to offend anyone else but I think when you have such a passionate driven subject as preparedness and survival we are all going to upset each other at times.

I used to get into allsorts of often heated and nasty arguments with other preppers that just would not happen if we were sat round a coffee table, good friends have sadly become enemies because their viewpoints clashed, SD helped me individually to preseve the peace by showing me how to use the ignore button, so now folks I strongly disagree with or argue with to often I put in the Ignore drawer and peace is maintained ( to a degree Smile )

One point I think you may not have thought of is you have been here a while and so you see similar articles about the iissues involved in urban prepping surface time and again and it appears that its a campaign against urban preppers, but what you (like me) often forget is we get one or two newbies joining each week, 99% of em live in ciies and towns and the first question they usually ask is " What should I do first? "

The usual answers are read the forum, "make a plan, then see if you can move out of town" which sets off the debate again.

Best I can advise is the same advice SD gave me, ignore the posts that rile you most, I have to myself or I would go insane Smile
Your driven barmy by anti city posts and I go loopy over conspiracy theories !!! Smile

Peace and love to your family dude.
NR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Respect for other members - specifically those in a suburban area - by NorthernRaider - 11 February 2013, 10:31