Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under the radar or just don't stick your head up.
11 February 2013, 19:56,
RE: Under the radar or just don't stick your head up.
Ever since being caught and getting the crap kicked out of me by some twats from 4 para on an exercise, all because I fired a blank round at the ugly gits, it made me think about the use of guns for quite a long term after TSHTF, obviously if I was in danger I would have no qualms about using a gun if one was available, butIi feel rather strongly that using an unmoderated gun for hunting or vermin control for a long period of time is more than likely going to attract the attention of others.

I do think for much of what we are going to need after TSHTF is going to be best suited to bows, crossbows and moderated air rifles.
I admit to being a bit paranoid about security in the immediate aftermath of an event that I would be even relucant to set traps and snares incase someone else found them or heard the noise a wounded rabbit makes when caught.

I greatly value SDs views and guidance but in the case of guns I dont think the state will be as stupid and incompetant as SD believes they will be, trouble is theres no way of knowing who or which way is right. But what I am sure of is the average newby prepper, or even experienced prepper but inexperienced in fieldcraft and tactical movement regardless of how good a rifle they are carrying, they are going to be eaten alive by skilled countryfolk and ex mil types many of whom will only have bows. Indeed I think quite a few of our community who go a foraging among the leaves so green are not going to come back, because that cluster of grass they have not eyeballed properly contains someone skilled with a bow and competant at cammoflage and tactical movement.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Under the radar or just don't stick your head up. - by NorthernRaider - 11 February 2013, 19:56