Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What situations would cause you to bug out?
25 March 2013, 18:15,
RE: What situations would cause you to bug out?
(25 March 2013, 17:33)Scythe13 Wrote: If you live in the middle of nowhere, like HL does, then you're not going to get the same kind of warning that someone living in the corner of an estate like BP will. BP will be able to see the first few houses pluming flames. I'm not sure about HL's full situation, but I could imagine you're probably "that beautiful house up in the hills" that people see and like the look of. So you're hidden enough to not become a target, but also remote enough to not get much of a warning (one of the problems of seclusion).

its not my house, or the immediate location that is our advantage,..its the general geography of the area, we are at the start of a Peninsular, there is one road in and out of the peninsular, we are close [ 4 miles ] from a junction at the end of that road, the few people from the peninsular, could pass my house, but it would make more sense for them to take the other road, or risk many more miles of nothing.

..... I dont think the people would feel its worth walking this way,... if they were looking for food, or help, then they would be better off going the other way .

.... but lets assume they do come our way, I can see about 2 miles of road, and see the next village 4 miles away so I would see them coming in the day,... at night its black out here, so unless there is a good moon, they will need a light, or be forever falling in the bog

If they surprised me, then we do have a hidey hole half built into the ground and half above the ground in my densely planted garden, we can be in that in about 2 minutes where we have food and basic needs,..and can see the house
A major part of survival is invisibility.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What situations would cause you to bug out? - by Highlander - 25 March 2013, 18:15