Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Solar for worth getting for after the SHTF?
23 April 2013, 00:14,
RE: Free Solar for worth getting for after the SHTF?
Thanks. I'm looking into the T&Cs. Most of my concerns have been quelled, except for what happens when you need to repair your roof and there are a load of solar panels in the way, that technically are owned by someone else. I'm sure it's fine, I just haven't found out yet.

I have very low powerd portable solar, enough to charge a car / bike battery or a handled GPS and the like. Mainly because if it won't fit in my BOB I am unlikely to be transporting it. When things get bad enough that I need to rely on solar, I'm not holding much hope that a car would be a viable option. But I generally plan to bug in... bugging out is there as a plan C, though. Blan B is a secret... it's not really it's just too much of a tangent.

I just like the idea of getting many grands worth of solar panels all in place ready, while someone else foots the bill, and deals with any maintenance issues. Well, after Doomsday, I'm sure I will have to sort the maintenance myself, but that's understandable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Solar for worth getting for after the SHTF? - by Tonka - 23 April 2013, 00:14