Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase or transitional bug out location
8 May 2013, 19:40, (This post was last modified: 8 May 2013, 19:49 by bigpaul.)
RE: Phase or transitional bug out location
trying to survive TSHTF in any large urban environment is going to be down to sheer weight of numbers, any food available is not going to stretch very far among a large surviving population, the opposite would apply in the countryside, there are less numbers of people but also there will be less food to go around in the first place, this is why it is advisable to have food stores i.e. "PREP" to last us until things calm down somewhat, ANY food stores would give us an advantage(however small) over those who did not see fit to put back anything to tide them over an emergency but instead spent it on cinema sized wall tv's and foreign holidays.

i seem to remember people in-i think it was New York- who were faced with a tornado or something, within a few days there were "Dumpster diving"(Skip diving over here!) because they had run out of food and the govt agencies couldnt get their arses in gear in under a week....or something like that...they had 3 days worth of food, in some cases they had no food in the house at all, i remember hearing one lady say she had no food in the house and this was just BEFORE the storm hit, also people were buying the entire stock of lanterns, batteries, candles and camp stores wouldnt it be better if they had these stored in their houses ALL the time? they do live in the tornado belt after all!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phase or transitional bug out location - by bigpaul - 8 May 2013, 19:40