Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"Shoot me now" preppers
17 May 2013, 11:10,
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers
A good sensible piece that everyone should think about when assesing their situation. In my humble opinion people seriously underestimate other Humans, especially when they have weapons and they percieive this gives them an overwhelming advantage over others. This " I am a bad ass and will fook you up" attitude is a recipe for disaster and will bring nothing but stress and conflict.
Humans are the greatest predators the planet has ever seen, and that "normal" looking bloke has the potential to be a stone cold killer just like the best armed Johny Rambo, and being hungry will turn him into one.
In any serious scenario I believe the only approach that will help you survive is one of stealth. You have to take a leaf out of your Hunter Gatherer ancestors book and become totally familiar with your surroundings and have the ability to move through it without being seen or drawing attention to yourself. "See everything but don't be seen, hear everything but don't be heard" is a good mantra. If you have to fight, fight because you have to, and not because you can, will keep you alive longer. I would also take the approach that if I had to meet other people I would make sure it was on my terms rather than have them stumble upon me unawares. The Rambo's won't last long, and will no doubt die in a blaze of glory, reminiscent of their Hollywood fantasies, whilst the real survivors get on with life quietly in the background, unnoticed.

Messages In This Thread
"Shoot me now" preppers - by NorthernRaider - 17 May 2013, 09:18
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by Tartar Horde - 17 May 2013, 11:10
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by Mandlaka - 17 May 2013, 11:47
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by Scythe13 - 17 May 2013, 12:00
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by RoadWarrior - 17 May 2013, 12:23
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by Sunna - 17 May 2013, 12:35
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by BeardyMan - 17 May 2013, 13:24
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by The Ragman - 17 May 2013, 13:54
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by bigpaul - 17 May 2013, 14:42
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by Metroyeti - 17 May 2013, 16:06
RE: "Shoot me now" preppers - by Timelord - 19 May 2013, 00:30