Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
after an EMP attack.
21 May 2013, 22:01, (This post was last modified: 21 May 2013, 22:16 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: after an EMP attack.
(15 April 2013, 23:46)Mortblanc Wrote: The senerio present is past impossible, since no EMP producing device is capable of knocking out that large an area. It would take massive nuke strikes to produce that effect and if that happened you would not be heading anywhere.

It would only take one enhanced for EMP device detonated high about say Denver to affects the continous 48.

[quote='Mooski88' pid='57942' dateline='1369169630']
Question - I know an emp strike would cause chaos within the strike zone. Car crashes etc. but I can only see a emp strike causing a small problem compared to other situations. Am I wrong?

Depends on how much damage it does to distribution and generation systems along with telecommunications and control systems.

Theoretically it could so damage a nations power generation and distribution systems that it could take upwards of 15 years to restore power, Equally an EMP could toast nearly every cellphone, PC, Laptop and anything with a chip in it. Also ALL the utilities and now computer controlled, Railway signalling and switching, water pumping and filtering, flow control, effluent control, gas pumping systems etc A decent EMP event probably would turn 21st century Britain into Victorian Britain in a millisecond.

Electric motors, solonoids, relays, fuses, circuit breakers, pumps,transformers, regulators, switches etc on everything from vehicles, radios, TVs, cell phones, medical equipment traffic lights, cable TV, hospital equipment, elivators, aircon systems, water treatment and pumping systems, refrigerators, electric locomotives, oil refineries, power stations, electronic door locks, aircraft control and nav systems (except inertial), air traffic control, radar systems, rail signalling and switching, chemical plants etc all dead as a dodo instantly.

(15 April 2013, 23:46)Mortblanc Wrote: The senerio present is past impossible, since no EMP producing device is capable of knocking out that large an area.

According to Mr Mr Gary Smiths report to the US government called Electromagnetic pulse threats in 1997 to the House National Security Committee (June) asingle Device detonated above the Atmosphere over CO would affect the entire 48 states. Sadly I did not keep the article only the poster that went with it.

Messages In This Thread
after an EMP attack. - by bigpaul - 14 April 2013, 09:13
RE: after an EMP attack. - by Mortblanc - 15 April 2013, 23:46
RE: after an EMP attack. - by NorthernRaider - 21 May 2013, 22:01
RE: after an EMP attack. - by Tonka - 16 April 2013, 00:15
RE: after an EMP attack. - by bigpaul - 16 April 2013, 11:36
RE: after an EMP attack. - by Skean Dhude - 16 April 2013, 11:52
RE: after an EMP attack. - by Highlander - 16 April 2013, 22:00
RE: after an EMP attack. - by Jonas - 18 April 2013, 17:47
RE: after an EMP attack. - by Mooski88 - 21 May 2013, 21:53