Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Realistic about SHTF hunting !
25 May 2013, 08:17, (This post was last modified: 25 May 2013, 08:27 by RoadWarrior.)
Being Realistic about SHTF hunting !
Okay, ive been meaning to start a thread on this for a while...."bagging the odd rabbit or two" after the SHTF with our "essential prepping tool" the humble air rifle...I was out last nite over on the disused railway tracks ...trying to stick to the grass embankment as much as possible..for noise etc...and Im thinking to myself...bloody Elmer Fudd...kill da wabbit etc..the buggers are running out infront of you..from one side to the next ...fast as hell (road runner springs to mind too ) didn't get a chance to even aim !!, they sit in the distance around 50 feet away.....even a ninja would have trouble getting within 25feet of them !! to get an accurate kill shot...its almost comical really ,but then again im not starving. I think some of us...will think its easy to get afew bunnys for food but I reakon stalking them aint easy as youd think.!! if you haven't got permission off a farmer at present then you stick out in the short cut fields where you sometimes see them.....so im gonna try snares soon and see if that's easier ! as preppers I think we get into a "fantasy world " of living off the land after the event and.i know which members are gonna say not me!!! etc...practice is something we shud do with our legal "pea shooters" as the lads at work call them ! as most of you will be surprised at how easy it isn't to bag a bunny with one !!IMO ofcourse.

also guys im talking about rabbits in particular...not pigeons or squirrels..and not "lamping with dogs either"..so how many of you have bagged them with their .22 or .177s... sub 12 pounder air rifles...I try and go out once a week that's depending on what shift im on...im gonna be totally honest and Not bullshit you ...but I haven't even managed to kill ONE with an air rifle ! Blush

Messages In This Thread
Being Realistic about SHTF hunting ! - by RoadWarrior - 25 May 2013, 08:17