Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“How Far Do You Want To Develop Your Preps?”
9 June 2013, 07:26,
RE: “How Far Do You Want To Develop Your Preps?”
I must admit to feeling a tad ambivalent about this thread. Firstly OPSEC. I don't care if some of us comment "But a lot of people store a bit of food etc etc". The less they know, the better. Secondly I felt a little threatened, i.e. so much to do, so much to train for and certainly so much to buy sweetie.

But I'll have a go

(7 June 2013, 09:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: How much money you spend each year on prepping as a percentage of income or amount and do you consider it realistic.

spend around £100-£200 per month

Quote:How far you intend to go to be self- reliant and off grid

No one despite BP's protestations can be totally self-reliant. We are social animals. However, we need to be as self reliant as we possibly can. Off Grid? You mean off electricity? In emergency - yes

Quote:Do you want to live off grid full time permanently if you possibly can

No = certainly not. The electricity grid is a useful tool. In an emergency you go to the bunker. But for me this is NOT a lifestyle choice. I don't want to live in a f.... bunker.

Quote:Do you / are you developing substantial veg plots and life stock preps

No

Quote: How many PV panels do you own and how many to you actually want

I see no sun. I've got 1. I'm not sure this is the route I will take.

Quote:Are you planning on laying a 12VDC circuit in your home

Yes - this is going to be a major task.

Quote:Do you have an auxiliary water storage treatment plan in place and how much water can it contain

Multiple levels. Water Butts and Barrels. Berkey. External hand Pumped filters. Bleach Tablets. Probably can handle a total of 1/4 mill gallons

Quote:How much time do you consider as being realistic each week for your preps

About 4 hours is enough for me

Quote:Are you planning for a whole family group or just yourself.

Whole family - adults - no children

Quote:Are you adapting your normal lifestyle to integrate your preps or are they kept separate (are you trying to live the preppers lifestyle now)

No I'm certainly not. As I said, I don't want to live in a bunker. Girl's gotta live after all. This is for emergencies post SHTF.

Quote:Do you have auxiliary heating systems like wood stoves separate from grid supplied gas and electric if so may I enquire without damaging your opsec approximately how much wood / coal/ oil/ gas have you set aside ( probably easy for some to say “ I have XXX months supply of firewood)

No - we have nothing else except the fireplace. I'm looking at wood stoves because we have huge amounts of wood around here.

Quote:Do you have a food stockpile or cache

Yes - but need to increase ubstantiallu

Quote:Have you got or plan on getting a micro wind turbine (sub 1500 doofahs) if so is it erected and in use or cached for after TSHTF

I haven't got one of those things. What's a doofah.?

Quote:Have you / are you planning on moving to a more sustainable location in the near future

I intend to buy the winning euro-Millions next friday/

Quote:What event or incident are you prepping to survive??
Respects NR (now sitting under his desk waiting for the issue to get derailed or side tracked)

I'm happy to take the Cabinet Office's main worry on the matter of UK resilience. The Number 1 concern of the government in this regard the the main event I am prepping for (but not the only event) is Pandemic Flu. The world won't end with a bang but with a sneeze

xx

Messages In This Thread
RE: “How Far Do You Want To Develop Your Preps?” - by River Song - 9 June 2013, 07:26