Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
preparedness is not just about the crisis, it is about the days after as well.
23 June 2013, 23:09,
RE: preparedness is not just about the crisis, it is about the days after as well.
SS,

I see it being up to 18 months, not 2 or 3.

People are survivors, especially those that have little in society. Depending on timing; if near winter, I see them living through that winter easily, they will not be that weak and the cold and lack of food will get the really weak. Then they will be into summer, food will be around plants growing and they will not eat well, many will die but plenty will survive. The next winter though will see no stored food, this will be the time when the last of those who won't make it will die. This could be 15 months from an event. If the event happens near the end or just after winter then competition will be fierce for food, many will survive on tins, plants etc. as above but then the first winter they hit will have them without food. That will be the main die off around 9 months.

So up to 10 months or up to 18 months will be the most dangerous time for us. That is why I'm planning for an 18 month bug in.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin

Messages In This Thread
RE: preparedness is not just about the crisis, it is about the days after as well. - by Skean Dhude - 23 June 2013, 23:09