Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Treatment for Wound Infections
27 July 2013, 18:30,
RE: Treatment for Wound Infections
(26 July 2013, 21:14)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: Hi Jonas, thanks for that, it's certain to be useful. One questions though...

Without a doctor to prescribe strengths, how would one gauge what strength was necessary? Would it be based on an estimate of the severity of the infection?

GG, this is why medicine is an art, not a science. I'd probably start with 1/2 strength and if the improvement wasn't what I expected in 24 hours, switch to the full strength.

Quote:Would one of the lower strength solutions be suitable for application to a pre-infection wound to prevent infection setting in, such as a wound that had just occurred and was being initially treated?

Okay - two questions... Smile

I would initially say that flushing the wound with hydrogen peroxide would be the initial treatment for a wound, then bacitracin and a light bandage. If the wound was incurred in a really contaminated setting - sewer and such, then pre-treatment might be the way to go. Remember, once the SHTF, we probably won't be able to pick up the phone and call a doctor.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Messages In This Thread
Treatment for Wound Infections - by Jonas - 26 July 2013, 20:12
RE: Treatment for Wound Infections - by Jonas - 27 July 2013, 18:30
RE: Treatment for Wound Infections - by MaryN - 28 July 2013, 10:11