Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Education
24 August 2013, 03:58,
RE: Education
http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...218&page=2

It is a common concern world wide. The entire planet has come to realize the government is a horrid institution to turn their children over too on a daily basis.

Here in the states most of the education systems now offer their entire curriculum on-line with assisting teachers on call. One can also purchase private curriculums.

I was a teacher for 30+ years and kept my teachers' editions and collected those from other subject areas. I home schooled my own children and they are now 33 and 35. Both have done well, had no problem passing college acceptance. My son is pursuing an advanced degree in Anthropology.

It can be done and it can be done without a raft of specific dedicated texts. There were subject areas where I was weak and I called on my friends and co-workers who were skilled in those areas. The key is to know your weak subject areas and get help in those areas.

I am licensed in ten subject areas and still called in help for algebra, geometry and trig.

A man has to know his limitations. But most parents can do more than they think they can.

One of the problems with prepping for educational purposes is the scarcity of reading material in most homes. Most of what we have on hand is pure trash. We now have computers, so we no longer buy sets of the Britannica, Oxford English dictionaries or keep a Gray's Anatomy on the shelf. We view our reading time as escapism and not education.

The post-SHTF generation that does learn to read will have a good background in Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter but will know nothing of math, science, history or how the world got into the shape they are dealing with.

Messages In This Thread
Education - by SecretPrepper - 23 August 2013, 23:37
RE: Education - by BFG Central - 24 August 2013, 00:43
RE: Education - by Mortblanc - 24 August 2013, 03:58
RE: Education - by Tartar Horde - 24 August 2013, 11:04
RE: Education - by LawAbidingCitizen - 8 September 2013, 21:17
RE: Education - by bigpaul - 24 August 2013, 11:11
RE: Education - by Mortblanc - 25 August 2013, 16:16
RE: Education - by bigpaul - 25 August 2013, 16:43
RE: Education - by Tibbs735 - 8 September 2013, 22:58
RE: Education - by Highlander - 8 September 2013, 23:07
RE: Education - by Tartar Horde - 9 September 2013, 11:27