Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling a thought around and looking for alternative ideas/views
19 September 2013, 08:41,
RE: Rolling a thought around and looking for alternative ideas/views
In that case LS, I think I may well need a new location as an OP. The initial location was the side of a woods near a field, however, that only provided a good view of the street. But because of the lay of the area and the layout of the town, it makes further observation much harder. I could see street, and a few streets either side, but not too much from the local town.

I'll lay my plan out in greater detail for better scrutiny.

Day 1, something happens, possibly TEOTWAWKI. MAJOR power cut, expecting grid down, emp, or something. Pop over to the neighbours, let them know we're off camping maybe a little hunting. Hand a radio to one of them if they're staying put, then head up off out to a certain location with direct line of site of our street. Stay up there with the wife and dogs for a few days. Expecting we have enough stuff for a week....but now I'm thinking of the dogs too, a week would be way too over optimistic. Those buggers eat LOADS! Maybe would have to ask a neighbour if they could feed the dogs at home....anyway, we would stay up there for a while and watch our street and surrounding area. We may not be able to see into town properly, but if there was any smoke rising, we could easily see that. Flashing lights for ambulances or other emergency vehicles. We would be camouflaged and hidden, remaining quiet, and keeping a VERY low profile. Also, armed incase something happened. Would radio the neighbours and see if they know what's going on and whether they've heard any news. After a certain number of days...4 or 5, depending on situation, would look to get back to the house in the night to assess any damages, restock and to feed the dogs a little extra. Also, see the neighbours and check how they're getting along, if that's possible. Would communicate this over the radio. Then back out to our secondary location for a few more days. The journey back to the house is for a few reasons. Firstly, assessment, secondly, talk to the neighbours and see what they thought and wanted to do.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rolling a thought around and looking for alternative ideas/views - by Scythe13 - 19 September 2013, 08:41