Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What warning signs are you looking for?
20 September 2013, 22:17,
RE: What warning signs are you looking for?
Some really good tips in this thread, and I'm furiously taking notes.

I've only really got one significant one to add, and I'm afraid it's of limited use. By the time things have got this far all the really seasoned preppers will already be bugging out or hunkering down, but it's still worth knowing just in case tptb have mentioned to keep things even tighter under wraps than we imagine.

The key is to keep an eye (and ear) on the BBC. Not for what they tell us, but because the BBC has an entire plan for National Emergencies, and if you know what to look for you can spot it:

The first clue will be more pre-recorded items during the news than you'd expect in a crisis - which will be there to cover the running down of staff.

The second is to watch the background when they feature quotes or interviews with politicians. If it's anonymous or studio-like then you can bet that politician has already got the hell out of London.

The third is when transmission switches. The BBC's designated 'control centre' for a National Emergency is the Elstree complex in Borehamwood, and when this kicks in then those bugging out need to be out of the door in five seconds. They're very unlikely to tell you that tx has moved, but there'll be a difference in background sets for TV, and quite possibly different voices on radio. If it even 'feels' different - it's time to move.

EastEnders is no guide, by the way. It's true that's made at Borehamwood and will have to stop production when the switch comes, but there'll be nearly a month's worth of programmes stashed to keep up the appearance of normality for quite some time.

As I say - it's not much use except in really dire straits, but there's no harm in knowing it, and it might help one day.

Messages In This Thread
What warning signs are you looking for? - by Scythe13 - 19 September 2013, 14:48
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by Sunna - 19 September 2013, 15:24
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by Nix - 19 September 2013, 18:30
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by Jonas - 19 September 2013, 19:05
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by Jonas - 19 September 2013, 19:09
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by Bucket - 19 September 2013, 22:55
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by Binnie - 20 September 2013, 06:53
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by MaryN - 20 September 2013, 21:19
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by MikeA - 20 September 2013, 21:24
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by Little Lou - 20 September 2013, 22:17
RE: What warning signs are you looking for? - by Sunna - 21 September 2013, 00:41