Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blighted
17 November 2013, 23:12,
RE: Blighted
This is a question I've put forward a few times in the past. It's an important question to keep in the back of your mind at all times.

For the wife and me, prepping is something we do, we live, but we keep in check. It needs to be kept in place, and although it is the foundation of our situation if TSHTF. It's not the foundation of our lives right now.

We live a very fulfilling lifestyle that if I could change things, I don't think I would.

Learning about the world we live in, growing our own food, go camping, shooting air rifles, sorting out shotguns, riding bikes, climbing, running, weights, MMA, even a little archery here and there, are things we do for fun and that are relevant to prepping. On the side, we learn languages, are building a business, read books, see the world (not easy to do now that we have dogs though), enjoy meals out, hang out with friends at the rugby, walk the dogs, and generally having fun.

The fun thing is, whether I was into prepping or not, we'd probably be doing about 90% of the stuff we do anyway. The book shelves might look a little different, maybe a few less tins stored, but the majority would still be the same. Prepping seems to have justified our pastimes as potentially being a life skill and not just a fun activity to get into.

Having said that, I do obsess over things that I get into, and devour volumes of books to learn all that I can. So although I am a very intense person, I am like that in everything I do, not just prepping.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
Blighted - by MaryN - 17 November 2013, 20:52
RE: Blighted - by NorthernRaider - 17 November 2013, 21:09
RE: Blighted - by Midnitemo - 17 November 2013, 21:17
RE: Blighted - by NorthernRaider - 17 November 2013, 21:42
RE: Blighted - by Midnitemo - 17 November 2013, 23:00
RE: Blighted - by Scythe13 - 17 November 2013, 23:12
RE: Blighted - by Steve - 17 November 2013, 23:58
RE: Blighted - by Midnitemo - 18 November 2013, 00:26
RE: Blighted - by River Song - 18 November 2013, 09:14