Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectations when hunting with bows.
16 February 2012, 12:04,
RE: Expectations when hunting with bows.
I am / was a SAA instructor in the army as well as a rampant civvy sports shooter , I've fired nearly every type of fire arm over the years with the exception of the very latest sub calibre PDWs, So I assumed my skills with guns would easily transfer to bow archery, but I was very very wrong and within a month of buying the recurve bow I signed up for a six week archery course through the GNAS, It was worth the £30 esp as my instructor was an ex SAS guy who had actually used bows and crossbows in anger in the far east.

My long bow and crossbow were slightly noisier than my spring air rifles, but the PCP Carbine I just sold to Binary was much quieter with its silencer fitted.

In a survival situation I would just all the aiming devices fitted to the bow and stick with the very basic draw to corner of mouth type shot as it works well and easily. I still am not well enough to try out the crossbow at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
Expectations when hunting with bows. - by Preacher - 15 February 2012, 15:33
RE: Expectations when hunting with bows. - by bigpaul - 15 February 2012, 17:53
RE: Expectations when hunting with bows. - by Preacher - 15 February 2012, 18:12
RE: Expectations when hunting with bows. - by bigpaul - 15 February 2012, 18:17
RE: Expectations when hunting with bows. - by Preacher - 16 February 2012, 01:27
RE: Expectations when hunting with bows. - by NorthernRaider - 16 February 2012, 12:04