Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bug Out Bag Thoughts and Considersations
18 February 2012, 13:38,
RE: Bug Out Bag Thoughts and Considersations
Well the kids do add a lot of headaches to any bug out scenario, I've got three, my two boys are thankfully now more use than a burden as they are weapons trained thanks to the local army cadets but I still have a young daughter to carry literally.
I dont do bug out bags as such, I've got a few 80+ litre rucksacks but they're that heavy You'd think you were in the paras with the weight they are so not realy viable for a long range bug out on foot. I'm after building a roof box for the car thats dismountable with off road bike wheels that can be attatched via axels much like the old go carts but a full BIG box carry capacity of around 1000+ litres, like the small trailers you see. Its still on the drawing board as I dont want to make it unmanageable to pull, but I want to strap a small seat on for my little girl too, so that solves that problem. That way if the cars stuck or broken, we can unmount the roof box and away we go with all our gear. Plain looking not fancy so it just looks like a roaming family moving elsewhere with a few unglamorous bits of belongings that seem to be of no value, we of course moving in "civvy" clothes so as not to arouse suspicion of being preppared.
By the way guys and galls, check out "southern prepper 1" on yoou tube, he's an ex U.S. marine and has a lot of usefull information thats applicable to all of us.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."

Messages In This Thread
Bug Out Bag Thoughts and Considersations - by Scythe13 - 18 February 2012, 00:29
RE: Bug Out Bag Thoughts and Considersations - by uks - 18 February 2012, 00:33
RE: Bug Out Bag Thoughts and Considersations - by mikebratcher69 - 18 February 2012, 13:38