Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
25 March 2014, 16:52, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2014, 17:13 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
What T F are you talking about DEV, you asked me to provide off the top of my head some instances that MAY cause max evacuation from major urban areas, NOTHING more, no scare mongering just hypothetical situations.

A dirty bomb is a concern, a few dozen dirty bombs is a crisis, all hypothetical risks NOT SCAREMONGERING and it was only one part of the response that you asked when you stated that you could not forsee an entire metropolis being evacuated.

Your opinion is noted and like the amount of factual material you posted is disregarded. Believe what you will.

Oops sorry BP missed your post whilst chatting with LS and trying to work with Dev.

You said
"then why haven't they done it already??? if what you say is true what are they waiting for? because they haven't got the material that's why. non starter, end of. "

It is not a non starter mon ami, Chechen muslim terrorists made and deployed at least TWO Dirty bombs in Russia but the detonators were defective, I think its actually mentioned in Wikipedia on the section of Dirty Bombs, and also I think it was a pissed off teenager made one in the US ( Jonas, Monty, Charles???? help please) out of all things dozens of radioactive elements ripped out of smoke detectors IIRC.

I think an Israeli or Israeli arab chap gone nabbed doing something similar.

I'm totally guessing but I think ( possibly) that maybe if you collect ENOUGH elements out of smoke detectors you can collect enough low level radio active material to make it as Devon says a dirty economic damaging device , a weapon designed to cause disruption and major expense in cleaning it up.

I guess also that perhaps they have not been used over here so far because our terrorists want to maim and kill people not bugger up our economy??????, but that IS just a guess.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture - by NorthernRaider - 25 March 2014, 16:52