Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honshu Tanto Twins!
6 April 2014, 11:35,
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins!
Aye...I call some pieces "swords on boards" and I'm sick of seeing them around. What moron would leave such items where burglars (of all kinds, including the uniformed type) can just lift one down and stroll up the stairs with it. They corrupt the comfortable shopping experience - anything Barnett that's a sword can be passed by. The tang of some Barnett swords is as much use as a basket-woven oil tanker.

I've been getting my stuff from them, via Blades UK. Some folk have never heard of them, I know. Their guy, Lawrence, is head-spinningly honest about what I should go for and what I should avoid...he's not misdirected me even once. The Tantos, above, came from/through him/them. So did the Viking Sword and the Long Sword I've posted about. If you contact him, tell him Ian sends his regards and tell him to put down his service revolver...I'm not all that bad! (I think the guy's on Valium because of me! "Can you check that the pommel's not loose, that the blade's not too scratched up, that the guard is tight, that the leather around the handle is okay, that the leather around the scabbard is okay"...etc., etc..)

If I choose a sword (7, so far, in fact) that he knows I'd find more like a display toy, he warns me...now, that's pretty good. So far, at a guess, he's enabled me to avoid wasting around £650 and I've used that to get much more trustworthy pieces, as you have seen. I've not experienced that on the Net at all, in 14 years.

He can get stuff from Cold Steel UK, Boker, Gerber (RIP), Battle Orders, Anglo Arms, Armex and a fair few others and, with him being that honest, I know I'm no longer buying somebody's Internet junk. I'd had a few bad buys in the past and I was feeling like giving it up, altogether. Once they knew that I was often housebound and couldn't send things back to them, some companies began to dump their sub-standard, obviously flawed things on me. That all changed, though. Whooo!
Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"

Messages In This Thread
Honshu Tanto Twins! - by Ian Haines - 4 April 2014, 11:17
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by Devonian - 4 April 2014, 11:38
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by BeardyMan - 4 April 2014, 11:55
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by Ian Haines - 4 April 2014, 14:58
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by BeardyMan - 4 April 2014, 15:18
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by Ian Haines - 4 April 2014, 15:28
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by BeardyMan - 4 April 2014, 15:47
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by Ian Haines - 4 April 2014, 16:07
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by PreparednessUK - 5 April 2014, 11:35
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by Straight Shooter - 5 April 2014, 12:41
RE: Honshu Tanto Twins! - by Skean Dhude - 5 April 2014, 13:06