Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Role of Fitness in prepping.
10 April 2014, 16:53,
RE: Role of Fitness in prepping.
I think fitness is important - but it is also relative. A fit 65 year old is not going to be able to do the work of a fit 25 year old, but he would probably be able to do more than an unfit 25 year old. Likewise an unfit 65 year old wont be able to do the work of an unfit 25 year old.

You will also have people who are unfit due to no fault of their own, maybe through illness or accident, in which case they need to prep accordingly

Also, those fit young 25 year olds who are in a group need to plan for the less fit members in your group, ageing parents, young kids, or even just the member who has eaten too many pies.

Personally I think fitness is important, most people aren't nearly as fit as they imagine themselves to be, but being unfit is not a death sentence either - as long as you prep to take it into account

In my experience a lot of people, including preppers who should know better, overestimate their fitness by a big margin and in doing so they are overestimating their abilities

In essence though it's pretty obvious that the fitter you are the better your chance of staying healthy and/or achieving your objectives

Messages In This Thread
Role of Fitness in prepping. - by Scythe13 - 10 April 2014, 16:23
RE: Role of Fitness in prepping. - by Smiffy - 10 April 2014, 16:53
RE: Role of Fitness in prepping. - by bigpaul - 10 April 2014, 16:59
RE: Role of Fitness in prepping. - by Lightspeed - 10 April 2014, 17:26
RE: Role of Fitness in prepping. - by Mortblanc - 10 April 2014, 17:32
RE: Role of Fitness in prepping. - by bigpaul - 10 April 2014, 17:36
RE: Role of Fitness in prepping. - by Sunna - 10 April 2014, 22:39
RE: Role of Fitness in prepping. - by SlyUrbanFox - 10 April 2014, 23:10